Wednesday 8 June 2011

The BIG APPLE and my final destination

New York - New York (so good they named it twice)…

Wow…
New York certainly lives up to its hype as the city if skyscrapers… I arrive at JFK airport in the late evening and find a transfer shuttle bus to my hotel ‘The Lexington - Radisson’ in the city centre (Manhattan Island) for a mere $18 (taxi would have been $40+). On arrival at 10pm I am greeted warmly by the staff and quickly settled into my room on the 16th floor with its superb? view of the office building next door ;) Still, can’t complain.
I have only two days to make the most of this extraordinary city and therefore opt for a tour company to take the strain (there are a number to chose from but ‘City Sights’ seemed to be well organised ($54 for two days). The tour company operates several bus routes (hop on, hop off), a night tour bus and a ferry cruise… All included in the price so well worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment