Wednesday 8 June 2011

Final thoughts at the end of the journey...

I can’t believe its over - during the journey I have taken in some wondrous sites, beautiful views, iconic buildings, amazing wildlife and thought provoking religious sites all supported by warm and welcoming people of many nations, ethnic backgrounds and religious beliefs.
Although the journey has been challenging at times, I believe that the adventure has allowed me to grow as a person, learning lessons about life, belief, family, friendship and the natural environment. Mankind now has the power to shape our world to achieve great things or cause tremendous harm, and this for me is the dilemma… What challenges does the future hold? Well, I for one am optimistic… As E. Boserup once wrote “Necessity is the mother of invention” and I have seen first hand what people can do when faced with extreme adversity and it fills me with hope regarding a brighter future.

Carpe Diem

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Steve

    Looks like you had a wonderful journey.

    My partner and I are in Siem Reap, and we have just acquired your copy of Lonely Planet Sri Lanka, which we will be putting to good use when we get there in November. Thank you for leaving it.

    Jessica Bloom

    ReplyDelete