Sunday 2 January 2011

Hello Hong Kong :)

Arriving in Hong Kong is to arrive into a vertical city ;) On arrival it was a simple matter of organising onwards transport on the Airport Shuttle ($100hk/£10) which takes 24mins to reach the islands Hong Kong central station - onwards to major hotels is free via shuttle buses - so no need to take a taxi, make use of public transport (Its quick, clean and efficient) :)
The Cosmopolitan Hotel is located beside the ‘Happy Valley’ racecourse and I find my room on the 10th floor has a wonderful panoramic view of the course and surrounding hillsides covered in sky scrapers. However, I am unable to see the water front and its light show / fireworks unless I walk 30mins down the road… Walking around the local area I soon discover a secret side to HK, there are many small parks and recreational spaces enabling people of all ages to enjoy several pass times including Tai Chi and basketball :) There are also a number of small market areas with restaurants in basements and tiny rooms serving up hot and tasty meals for small prices. Also located along the major roads you can find those westernised standards of ‘Starbucks’ and ‘Pizza Express’ but these have prices on par with those in the UK. My first afternoon has left me with a little crick in my neck from constantly looking up and I must have resembled a gorking tourist for several hours… As of course I was…

No comments:

Post a Comment