Tuesday 4 January 2011

Soho

On returning to the ground level I head off towards Soho - I am keen on art and this is the centre for antique shops and small independent art galleries (bear in mind that many of them are by appointment only but it does not stop you from window shopping ;)). One gallery had some wonderful art from Vietnam.
Soho is a tightly packed set of steep, small, crowded allies flanked by an impressive array of stalls and small shops selling everything that you could possibly want, the smells are engrossing with fresh flowers competing with cooking food and raw fish - a wonderful experience and one which once again reminds me of the early street scenes from ‘Blade runner’… Be aware that if you are tall that like me you will be ducking under canopies regularly J Once again the enchantingly clanky tram takes me back to Times Square and the hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment