Sunday 3 April 2011

Departing Christchurch

All too soon it is time to move on and I have booked onto the inter city bus departing Christchurch at 4pm. Michael and Tracey take me for one last spin in the countryside with beautiful views over Christchurch including a delicious stop at ‘She’ chocolate cafĂ© where you can get moccachino with dark chocolate (and dark chocolate spoon!!)… Wonderful. There are a huge number of cyclists about today all wearing their luridly coloured lycra and charging around the hills… One downside to this is that the traffic is slowed right down as trucks cannot pass on the sweeping mountain bends 0_0
Back into Christchurch I Michael drops me off at the intercity depot (126 Bealey Av), which turns out to be nothing more than a transport crate adorned with their logo located on some free space, however, they do allow me to drop off my pack and this provides the perfect excuse for another walk around the city centre and back through the botanical gardens.

No comments:

Post a Comment