Thursday 21 April 2011

First two days in Hawaii

As it is my first day and I am operating on just two hours sleep in 36 hours 0_0 I decide of course to shower, fuel up on coffee ($1.78 at Starbucks - ask for drip coffee if on a budget!) and hit the pavement in search of the cities sites… I cover most of the CBD during the afternoon and even have time to go to the FREE war museum. This is well worth it as it is housed in the old coastal battery, consisting of 2 HUGE naval Guns in a massive re-enforced concrete complex with a range of well sized chambers housing interesting exhibits from a range of conflicts. The Vietnam section has a few surprises, but you will have to visit to find out what they are ;). Most interesting for me is the American take on the Pacific conflict of WWII and I find that it is well balanced and makes good use of both American and Japanese exhibits.
After a walk along the beachfront admiring the surfers performing tricks and the sea crashing over the sea wall I retire to… THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY J of course made famous for me in the ‘Big Bang Theory’ and it is a Cheesecake fans DREAM… There are too many types for me to try even with the time I have here!! Oh well - Blue Cheese Burger and Strawberry Cheesecake for the first night here as I make the effort to stay awake until a sane hour ;) Tomorrow I feel a cycle tour is on the cards…

No comments:

Post a Comment