Thursday 4 November 2010

A night of exstravagant luxury at the Kolkata Swisshotel

The swisshotel is an island of tranquillity in Kolkata and at 10,000r a night it had a lot to live up to. It was sooooo worth it after the clamour of Kolkata and Sudder Street the first time around. I found myself only 15mins from the airport and in an area of Kolkata which was almost all under construction. The hotel itself was still undergoing growth while I was there and it linked onto a shopping mall, which was only half completed with shops still being fitted out.

The hotel is a world class 5* hotel and lives up to this reputation very well - the staff are outstanding through their eagerness to please and through the heartfelt warm welcomes. I felt at home from the moment I walked into the lobby until the morning I departed. The room was HUGE and was fully equipped with flat screen TV, coffee and tea making, mini-bar, writing desk etc… The window was massive and from the 8th floor gave a wonderful view of the surroundings and the full length mirrors allowed me to assess the growth of beard!!

Meals here were simply mind blowing with a breakfast buffet for kings - I found myself eating until I could eat no more - and this took some doing with at least 5 different dishes being consumed, but boy did it feel good ;) Next stop was the rooftop infinity pool - GORGEOUS - the water was warm and the view from it was amazing. I was able to sit in the water and watch the planes taking off and landing from the airport. I would recommend anyone travelling to or from Kolkata to stay here if just for one night - Simply wonderful and a hotel chain that I would use again at the drop of a hat (given the money!!). P.s. the Toblarone cheesecake is a taste buds delight and should not be missed…

The only thought which pulled me out from the hotel was the forthcoming experience of the Andaman islands.

No comments:

Post a Comment