Tuesday 21 December 2010

Last day in Hoi An

I have finally weakened - passing a tailors front this morning I was stopped in my tracks by an subtly imaginative jacket design, one which caught my attention and refused to let go until I had tried it on by which time any resolve i had left had faded ;) The boutique was quiet and the sales staff were sitting by the door en-masse waiting for the inevitable tourist rush later in the day… Rising early has its advantages. Being the only customer I was treated to the whole staff making positive comments and making me feel like a true prince among men, a 5* service :) I can say that my experience at the store was fantastic and I highly recommend them to anyone who would like to buy clothes off the peg or have garments made while in Hoi An. The store: ‘Yaly Couture’ can be found at 47 Tran Phu - ask for Gloria.
As for the jacket, you may ask what was it that made me stop for a second look… Well… For one it was its simple nature as a brown corduroy Jacket (NO patches on the sleeves!!) but with a wonderfully simple yet elegant raised motif of hand embroidered maple leaves, which seemed to capture the nature of falling autumn leaves floating over the right lower cut of the jacket and this design followed round onto its lower back and sleeve. Unique and Wonderful amongst the avalanche of silk lined coats, dresses and suits. It certainly goes with my Geography teaching background and Ted Baker maple leaf shoes :) Total cost of this extravagant purchase $70, so a little over budget but I went away with a huge smile on my face for coffee and cake at Cargo. Next stop, Hue.

No comments:

Post a Comment