Thursday 16 December 2010

Overnight bus for one Day in Nha Trang

The journey to Nha Trang is on an overnight sleeper bus on an open ticket ($37 to Hanoi). This means that after stowing your backpack into the hold you are invited onto the bus, remove your shoes and are led to a very narrow bunk with no room to store any possessions!! This meant that I ended up sleeping with my own small travel pack, boots and hat!! It was rather cosy with the snores of other night riders leading to a lack of sleep but we did arrive on time 7am in Nha Trang.
Nha Trang has many guest houses and hotels, which means that you do not have to stay at your travel companies hotel!! Remember it is your choice and there are ample options right along the beach from $10+ and my room at the 'Pho Biem' is big enough for 3 people and has a bathroom, AC, satellite TV and fridge! All for $18. The beach is 6km long, backed by mountains and is pearly white with much of it free of crowds, just walk a little way along the shore. The view of the islands is great from the coastal restaurants. I found the ‘Sailing Club’ to be a perfect place to recover from the cramped bus ride with real coffee, delicious food and a calming palm shaded sea view :)
However, on returning to the hotel and having just relaxed with a wonderful shower I saw something scuttle across the bedroom floor, it saw me and we both froze - now bear in mind that I am on the 4th floor here… A second look revealed that it was an enormous hairy spider with thick legs - not like house spiders in Britain but tarantula sized! 0_0 I let out an involuntary noise and nearly jumped over the bed in shock as it ran into the bathroom… When I had managed to find the courage to investigate it was gone… A relief for an arachnophobic… But where has it gone? I hope not to find out...
Tomorrow is another overnight bus to Hoi An, a chance to examine the fine work of the local taylors :)

No comments:

Post a Comment