Wednesday 29 December 2010

Last word - Be careful who you tour with...


Finally a quick word about the standard tour… Be very careful who you book with and listen to the advise of travellers who have already been there. This is your best bet for a good tour. I had already booked my tour with my travel company ‘Hanh Tours’ and this had obviously been then transferred to someone else as the standard of the tour was poor… The guide himself was ok but the boat that we were on was shocking! Just to give you some idea - At first we were not allowed to see the rooms until the evening (suspicious), then the meal seemed rationed with all the visitors packed onto two tables and fed universally (poor), then when we finally were assigned rooms the guide asked me to share a double bed and single bed with 2 other men 0_0 We all stated this would not be happening!! After some negotiation I ended up with a crews room and another passenger slept on the lower deck. My room was very small and had RATS running around in the walls and over the ceiling all night - I got very little sleep and the captain turned off the engine after 11pm which meant no water or lights!! Truly shocking and I would not go with them again (The boat was the Discovery 2 - My advise would be to avoid it).

No comments:

Post a Comment