Wednesday 16 February 2011

Breakfast at K's

On my last morning before heading to Ito (2 hours south of Tokyo on the JR line) I found Tokyo's streets lined with snow, although by 8am when I went for a walk to get breakfast it had all been neatly arranged around trees and lamp posts so that it did not cause a hazard to people walking or cycling along the pathways to work. The nearest store to K’s hostel is a 7/11, which is open 24hrs and can supply you with almost everything that you could possibly need… All I was after on this foraging expedition was breakfast, so on with the boots and off through the snow lined back street 20 yards to the 7/11 ;) Once there I stock up with a melon roll, yogurt, banana and water (Healthy!) but find that even the banana is wrapped in plastic!!! Hardly sustainable :( although when you buy a yogurt they also supply the spoon… more plastic!! So by the end of the breakfast at K’s I was forced to see the amount of rubbish I had produced from one simple meal… We all have a long way to go on the road to s truly sustainable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment