Friday 25 February 2011

Narita Aiport Quantus check in...

4½ hours early for my flight to Perth from Narita airport and nowhere to drop my bags until 5pm (another 1½ hours away!!)… Well my own fault for being over cautious and taking the local train to the airport. There is a rapid service called the Skyliner which gets you from Tokyo to Narita airport in 36mins (but this costs 2400Y), so for the cheaper option and for those on a budget who’s JR Rail Pass has expired the alternate is the Kensai line from Euno costing just 1000Y (takes a little over an hour) but bare in mind that the seats are comfortable and the cabins are warmed through under-seat heating :)
Over the last two days I have explored Tokyo and its street life both day and night and have come to respect the city of neon lights with its ever efficient transport systems and strict rules of etiquette. Riding the trains/trams/buses you experience the diligence of the staff as they always, at every stop, indicate an awareness of the signals by pointing with their gloved hands before proceeding. Food is fresh and comes in a tantalising array of dishes while the night time streets buzz to the sound of pinball machines and Karaoke ;) Behind all of this still lurks the old traditional Tokyo with its parks and shrines, monuments and Palaces. So, overall from an extra two days in Tokyo I have come to enjoy this city for numerous reasons and I am sure that one day I will return.
Anyhow - back to the airport, here I am sitting on the floor of the departures lounge waiting for the staff of Quantus to open the check in counters. But at least I have the lap top and a bag of sweets ;) Perth here I come…

No comments:

Post a Comment