Tuesday 8 February 2011

The pleasure of train travel on a rail pass in Japan

The Japan rail pass is an exceptionally helpful item when travelling within Japan, not only does it allow you unrestricted travel across the whole country but at every JR ticket office that I have been to they are able to organise and reserve tickets for you no matter what your preferred destination and there is usually a wide choice of times available - Absolutely Brilliant and something that I would not come to Japan without as a tourist wanting to travel. My recent journey from Nagasaki to Kagoshima required me to make two changes along the route and one of these had a turn around of just 3 minutes!! I was a little apprehensive as I was informed it would mean a change of trains at each point - well in Britain you can imagine what that would mean… Anyway in Japan the network is supremely efficient and runs to the second J We arrive at each destination spot on time and I am directed clearly to the next train either by electronic boards or in the case of the 3 min change by a helpful member of the trains cabin crew. Travelling by train in Japan is a real pleasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment