Tuesday 8 February 2011

Japan land of the rising sun

Welcome to the land of the rising sun J

In my case it was the land of the completely set sun ;) As my flight had transited through Taipa and therefore we arrived after 8pm. Landing at Fukuoka airport was an experience in itself as everything is very efficient with residents given preferential treatment through more immigration officials for them - they are completed quickly and then these officers join to aid the foreign passport holder lines… This involved having my fingerprints taken and a facial photograph 0_0 (Well I guess this adds to security… but be patient and you will be dealt with efficiently and quickly - I was stopped for the first time to have my bag checked at customs involving the extraction and re-insertion of its contents, but once again just a formality). Then a FREE shuttle bus takes us to the domestic terminal where it is possible to get into the city centre via subway (2 stops, 250Y/£2) - much more expensive than China. I have booked into a hostel ‘Khaosan Fukuoka International Hostel’ and find it down one of the side streets not far from the Nagata station and near to a lovely bakery ;) called ‘Grattie’. The hostel is comfortable although small but the staff are excellent in the morning my picture is taken by the manager with a UK flag and my face can now be seen adorning their website J Guess it was the beard and hat ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment