Tuesday 15 March 2011

Arrival in Sydney :)

No city that I have been to has been more eye catching from the air... Sitting at a window seat on the left side of the plane from Melbourne I was treated to some magical views of the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera House with the backing of the CBD - Wonderful and that was before touching a wheel to the tarmac!!
After landing at Sydney domestic terminal we have several options for transport… I chose to use the shuttle bus $16 single fare because it drops you to the door of your hostel or hotel - However, be aware that this will mean waiting in a small mini-bus with trailer until all the seats are taken!! I was told it ran every 20mins but this was certainly not the case for me… that said, I was dropped outside the door of the YHA.
The Rocks YHA is splendid. It houses its own archaeological site at the moment as well as having a near perfect view of the Opera House from the third floor sun deck. Awesome. Only down side is the nearest supermarket is at least 15mins walk away.

No comments:

Post a Comment