Tuesday 29 March 2011

Roberts point track

I was surprised to find a metal park bench on top of a rock outcrop 1½ hours into the trek overlooking the raging river - it was another Narnia moment for me, just appearing before me in a patch of sunlight after I emerged from dense forest on the steep path providing me with a rest stop to enjoy the views of waterfalls cascading down almost vertical valley sides. My favourite part of the tramp has to be the cliff side wooden walkway with its steel pins holding it in place - it transported me back to the Sigiria climb in Sri Lanka where you literally are standing over nothing suspended by only a few planks of wood bolted to pins in the rock face!! The same method applied to the swinging and bouncy suspension bridges on route which were just bolted into place using the bedrock (Not for the faint hearted or those afraid of heights) You feel like your in an Indiana Jones movie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment