Sunday 20 March 2011

Last call of the day was going to be trip to the Opera… But getting wet for a third time in 12hrs was not on my wish list and with rain teeming down outside the hostel I retired instead to the pub one street away for a slap up meal where I got to cook my own steak of disproportionate size $31 on a monster BBQ :)
Four weeks have passed in Australia in the blink of an eye and I can honestly say that I have barely scratched the surface of this enormous country - there is certainly a need to plan a return trip to see what the rest of the country has to offer… Brilliant but expensive…Well…its 4am and time to get prepared for the flight to New Zealand…
The pre-booked shuttle bus at 5am to the airport ends up being a little adventure - as the rain here has not stopped all night and therefore some of the roads are like rivers and at one point so much water was thrown up over the bus by a passing truck that the view was obscured for at least 5 strokes of the wiper blades as brown water poured over us!! Still - made it to the terminal ok and braved the teaming rain to have an overpriced breakfast before departing… Next stop NZ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment