Wednesday 16 March 2011

Sydney Opera House

I feel that this truly magnificent building speaks for itself as one of the modern wonders of the world. I spent an entire afternoon around the harbour checking it out from all angles and spent far to long with my eyes fixed to the back of my camera!! The Opera House is designed on the form of the upturned hulls of boats and, from a distance, it glints pearl white in the sunlight - however, when you get closer you begin to recognise that the Opera House is actually a creamy colour with a network of lines traced over its surface. A wide walkway surrounds the building with the widest area facing the Harbour Bridge packed with cafés and restaurants with several interested seagulls loitering for any tit-bits left over ;) As you walk around the grand structure it confirms your first impression of an amazing design, all sleek curves and glass panels… check out the photos.
Going into the booking office I find that seats start at $65 for the current big shows - Carmen and the Barber of Seville but I state this is above my price range… Could be the option of standing tickets which are almost as cheap as the tour of the inside :)

No comments:

Post a Comment