Wednesday 23 March 2011

So, what have I learnt about horses…
1. They are lovely creatures and you soon make a bond to your ride (I found it hard to leave Chester at the end of the ride and would love to have another go in the future, perhaps even learn to ride - but I feel the UK is far to busy with too much traffic. NZ would be perfect).
2. Chester tort me some body language: ears forwards - happy and interested/ready to go, ears flat - about to do something naughty (as he had lost his place as first in line he wanted to bite the leaders bum, which the lead horse would not like, so needed to apply pressures back on the reins!!), stopped and leaned forwards - peeing so stand up in stirrups to allow them to do this without discomfort and finally head buried into fern - hungry for food ;)
3. They are strong beasts and able to carry us sure footedly over some steep landscape, Chester even managed a little jump over some deep mud he did not like the look of ;) Brilliant.
By the end of the morning I had developed my mothers love of horses (must be in the blood) and resigned myself to another pastime to fit into an already busy future life…

No comments:

Post a Comment