Sunday 13 March 2011

Meeting family in Melbourne :)

I meet family in Melbourne and it is wonderful to see uncle Rob waiting on the Southern Cross concourse equipped with his confident knowledge of the local transport system, which soon sees me on train, bleary eyed, heading out of the city centre via the Flinders street station. Staying in Berwich I soon realise that this small and very quiet settlement (only 1 hour from Melbourne) has just one small street for all of their needs (which seem to focus on medicine) - Even the post has to be collected from the local store and some areas have no mains water or gas!!
It is fabulous to have an amazingly comfortable bed to settle into at uncle Robs - after a night on the bus laying my head on the pillow is a mistake… as two hours pass before I am aware of my surroundings again 0_0 !!
I must say a HUGE ‘Thank you’ for my stay - it was wonderful to stay with family after 6 months on the road and it enabled us to catch up over lovingly prepared meals and good wine. I even got to meet my cousin Vicky - the first time in many, many, many years… and I can honestly say that it was a real pleasure to catch up on life, university and future travel plans in what I can only consider being a students lounge cafĂ© (after all it had a full bike rack inside the front entrance!! But they did do the most mouth watering coconut coated sponge cake ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment